Music
Imagine that you didn’t know what music was, would your life change or not? I couldn’t live in a world without music because it influences me immensely. When the world has human, it also has music. Music influences human emotions. Ages ago, music was even used as a weapon or medicine. Chinese used a drum when two counties fought; they wanted to boost soldiers’ morale. Chinese also used vertical bamboo flutes to relax. When someone couldn’t sleep, the music from the flute would make people to fall sleep. Music is my friend; it accompanies me and influences me.
I will never forget my youth because music gave me a cheerful childhood. I remember dearly, a lullaby called Grandmother’s Bay. My grandmother used to sing it when I was a little girl. She sang to soothe me to sleep. My grandmother sang it very softly and in a moving way. The song was the first song I could sing. My grandmother always sang the song, and I asked to her “why do you always like to sing this song?” She said, “The song is singing what I want to say and what I want to do for you.” When I asked her that, I was too young, and I couldn’t understand what she meant. Now, I know that my grandmother wanted me to have a great childhood. I have entered my adulthood and there are the times when something hurts me, but I can remember the happiness from my childhood, my grandmother and her song. If I hadn’t had my grandmother and her song in my childhood, my childhood would have been incomplete. The lyrics are “Grandmother holds my hand and we walk at the beach. One footprint is one smile, curtain of night swallows our shadows and we walk to go back home.” Every time when I hear the song, I will have a smile.
Music gave me a good childhood and it also influenced me as a teenager. When I was a teenager, my family circumstances were at an all time low. I didn’t have any new toys or clothes so my cousin always bullied me and made fun of my clothes. I was so depressed; I didn’t know why I couldn’t have everything that he had. One day I heard a song and the lyrics were the best I have ever heard. I remember when my mood was bad or my cousin did something bad to me, I would sing the song and the lyrics would make me relaxed. The lyrics said, “Life is like a movie and don’t care too much about resentment. Wealth; you couldn’t bring back, when you are born. Also you couldn’t take away, when you die.” That tells me that, I need to be brave to face anything and I can’t get everything that I want. At that time, I thought if I had had better family circumstances, my cousins would not have looked down me. It was my vanity. Sometime my vanity can create evil in my heart, but music will fight and against them.
Music heals my vanity (sometimes) and it also accompanies me when I feel lonely. When I was in elementary school, my parents separated with me because they needed to go to another city work and I needed to stay my hometown to continue studying. I could see them twice a year. At that time, I was shy and I didn’t have any confidence. I didn’t have any friends and when I saw my classmates and their parents come to school and pick them up, I just needed to walk to go home by myself. I felt very lonely. I always stayed in my bedroom and listened to music. I knew that music would make me feel that I was not alone. Music accompanied me to pass that time I was in solitude. Imagine that a girl in a room, she sat on the bed and she was stupefied. How did you feel? After many years she would be like a doll because she didn’t have any communicates. She wouldn’t talk to anyone. On the other hand, if she had music with her, she would communicate a part of the world. There were totally different two situations.
I know that some people say that, music doesn’t help you make advancements. Yes, I might not have accomplished as much as most people, but music gave me a great childhood and accompanied me passed the hard time. It is my great friend. If I didn’t listen to music in my life, I don’t know who I would have become.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment