Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Top Three People

My Top Three People

Did you know? Every person around you will more or less influence your life, even if she or he just passes by. Looking back your life, and who are the top three influences on you. Have you even thought about that? I have thought about that for a long time because I have my top three. They influence my knowledge, my personality, and my emotions. Even though some good experiences or bad. I think you will know that who influences you isn’t all positive; it also has some negative experiences.
My grandmother is the most influential person for me. I was used to living with her since I was 6-year-old. She is an intelligent and kind woman and she taught me many things. She showed me what I could do and what I couldn’t do. She treats everybody kindly even those who just a pass by. Once, on a cold New Year’s Eve there was a homeless person. He came to my home and knocked the door. He told my grandmother he was so hungry and he needed some soup and food. My grandmother didn’t say anything. She simply went to the kitchen brought what he wanted. She also gave him some bread. You know what, at that time we didn’t have a lot of food for our new year. I asked her “Why did you give him extra bread? That was our food for the next couple days.” She said, “You know what. It is easy to add the misfortunes to a man who is already unfortunate. On the other hand, it is so difficult to help a man who is in distress. Yes we won’t have bread for couple days, but if you help a man in a difficult position, you will get a hand when you need someone. I want you to know that.” She always gives me the optimistic and active outlook on life still now. I saw her helped people, so if someone needs my help, I will if I can do it.
You can say my grandmother influences my knowledge or the outlook on life but my aunt, who is my mother’s sister, influences my personality, rather than she controls my personality. You might be curious why I said that. It is because she gave me a lot of rules when was a teenager. She said, “I have the responsibility for you.” My parents worked in another city so they entrusted me to my aunt. My parents said, “We left you because we wanted you to have a good education.” Ok, I accepted that. My aunt made some rules for me. I couldn’t drink. I couldn’t smoke. I couldn’t stay out past 11:00. I couldn’t say bad words. If I didn’t do what she said, she would scold me and grill me. I was so scared of her voice so I was nice. Sometimes I thought if she didn’t control my personality, I would become a rebellious teenager. I know some people might disagree with that. You might think that was too compulsory, but that is the traditional Chinese family education. I became what she wanted me to become, a honest person.
While my aunt wanted to make my life positive, my cousin gave me negative idea about my life. They are my father’s brother’s son and daughter. I don’t know why they don’t like me. They always used their sharp words to hurt me. Last time I saw them in a family party in 2007. They insult me, “You don’t belong to this family you can’t have our family name, and you are cross-eyed.” I wanted to fight back, but when I faced them I was tongue-tied. I didn’t know what I could say. I just suppressed my tear, so I didn’t eat anything in the party. I asked myself why they always treat me like that. I didn’t have any ideas so I was just like an ostrich, I didn’t want to face them. As a result, if I have a family party, I will inquire about that they will go or not. If they go, I won’t. I couldn’t stand with them in a place. Why I put them in my top three because they are the first people I knew they dislike me and even if they are my relations.
Everyone next to me more or less influences me but there are the top three. Why I didn’t put my parents in the top three? I was separated from them for over 10 years. In my life, I couldn’t get everything positive because it is impossible. Someone influences me because he or she wants to give me a positive life. However someone influences me, because he or she gives me some bad experiences and it will change my mind. My grandmother and aunt gave me positive life, on the other hand, I don’t want to talk my cousins anymore because they give me negative feeling still now.

No comments:

Post a Comment